Pak Foreign Minister Claims India Will Launch New Attack This Month

Released Indian fishermen leave the Lahore railway station on the way to their homeland in Pakistan Monday

Released Indian fishermen leave the Lahore railway station on the way to their homeland in Pakistan Monday

"We have reliable intelligence that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan".

Mr Khan blamed India's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for "whipping up war hysteria" over claims that India shot down a Pakistani F-16 during the February standoff.

"This public gimmick appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake a terror attack in India".

Last week, the Indian government faced embarrassment when a Foreign Policy magazine report citing senior U.S. defence officials stated that none of Pakistan's F-16 jets had been shot down by the Indian Air Force ─ contrary to India's claims ─ on Fen 27, when tensions between both countries had spiked in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack. "As per our information this could take place between April 16 and 20", Qureshi told reporters in his hometown of Multan. The official would not elaborate on what evidence Islamabad has to back his claim, but indicated he was speaking on the instruction of Prime Minister Imran Khan.

"I am speaking responsibly, I hold a position of responsibility, and I know the words I utter will be picked up by the worldwide media", he said.


The government's ministry added Pakistan's leaders are partially to blame for terrorist attacks carried out by militant group across the Indian border. And its goal will be to justify India's offensive against Pakistan and to increase diplomatic pressure against Islamabad, he added.

He reiterated the measures taken by Pakistan to defuse the tensions with India arising in the aftermath of the Pulwama suicide bombing on February 14, in which more than 40 Indian paramilitary soldiers were killed.

The vehicle bombing triggered a violent reaction from India, which on February 27 launched an air strike on what it said was a training base of the group.

"Modi has given free hand to the Indian army", he asserted.

He said that a new mishap could be staged in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK), just like the Pulwama attack.


The foreign minister added that Pakistan has informed all five permanent members of United Nations Security Council (UNSC), including China, France, United States, United Kingdom and Russian Federation about Indian plans to disrupt the peace of the region.

The foreign minister also criticised the global community for keeping silent when India violated Pakistan's territory on February 26.

"The worldwide community, given the sensitivity of this flashpoint, should not remain silent", he stated, adding that the global community should and would have to play their role in this regard. Wing Commander Abhinandan. The pilot was released on March 1 as a gesture of peace by the Pakistani government.

"Indian deputy high commissioner was summoned for demarche in line with Foreign Minister's briefing of today and warned against any misadventure", Pakistani Foreign Office spokesman Mohammad Faisal said in a Tweet.

"India has been strongly warned by Pakistan in case of any [planned] misadventure", the FO spokesperson told DawnNewsTV, adding that the warning was issued following Foreign Minister Qureshi's press conference.


Latest News