Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation: Footballer denies attack

Credit Press Association

Credit Press Association

Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has denied allegations of rape against him, saying he has a "clear conscience" as he awaits the conclusions of an investigation. Her lawyers are now reportedly seeking to declare the non-disclosure agreement void.

"You want to promote by my name", he said.

It said the assault left her with "severe emotional and bodily injuries including but not limited to anal contusions, posttraumatic stress disorder and major depression".

In her lawsuit, she also contends her attorney in 2009 failed to provide her with adequate representation during the negotiations with Ronaldo's legal team.

Kathryn Mayorga claimed the former Real Madrid star attacked her at a Sin City hotel after meeting her at a nightclub according to the Sun.


Meanwhile, the LVMPD says they've reopened the investigation - but Ronaldo has not been charged with a crime.

A report in Der Spiegel claimed the incident took place in a Palms Place hotel room in Las Vegas in June 2009.

Kathryn Mayorga sued Ronaldo in a district court in Clark County, Nevada on Thursday.

The lawsuit was filed by Leslie Mark Stovall, lawyer for complainant Mayorga.

The report further said, according to Stovall, that she had pledged never to speak of the accusation again and Ronaldo allegedly paid her United States dollars 375,000. In an interview with Der Spiegel, Mayorga said she was inspired to come forward in part by the #MeToo movement that has exposed the sexual abuse of women by powerful men. We say: "It is allowed under Germany's press law", Weinzierl said in a statement to Reuters.


According to reports in the German magazine, the American woman had filed a rape report with Las Vegas police shortly after the alleged incident.

The lawsuit said Ms Mayorga also went to a hospital, where a sexual assault medical examination was conducted.

Ronaldo joined Italy's Juventus from Real Madrid for £99.2m ($128m) earlier this year and the Portuguese worldwide is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time.

Ronaldo, 33, is a Portuguese citizen.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages of at least $200,000 US.


Ronaldo returned to training at Juventus on Wednesday for the first time since the rape allegation against him was made public.

Latest News